Online forms

Saloni Tayal May 2, 2021

Can we create online forms either in JIRA or Confluence?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Saloni Tayal 

There is a new feature in Jira Business projects where you can create forms with selected relevant fields from your project. This form will have its own url. Apart from that you can look at Jira Service Management, it comes with a customer portal where you can have request types (mapped to issue types) with fields of your choice. It depends on your use case, JSM is suitable when you want to deploy a service desk but it might work in your case if you want to capture the information using forms and then do something with it later.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Saloni Tayal May 3, 2021

Thank you Ravi, this was useful. i will try and explore this. Does JSM come with an additional cost though?

Joseph Lee August 18, 2021

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Where is this located?  I don't seem to see where I can create these forms with its own URL

0 votes
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Saloni Tayal ,

I would also ask what you mean by online forms. 

In case you're looking for an option to use online polls or quizzes, then Microsoft Forms are pretty good for this.

And you can use our addon to embed any of those forms in your Confluence: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225084/microsoft-forms-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

BR,

Anna

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Saloni Tayal 

Can you clarify what you meant by online form by giving a sample usage?

JIRA offers issue collectors a form that can be added to a website where users can enter information which then creates an issue in Jira based on the fields you added to the form.

Another Option would be looking at Jira Service Management which provides your end users forms to submit requests.

Let us know what your end goal is and I’m sure someone could help here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events