One of my users can see Jira but not Confluence

Christopher McCafferty January 31, 2018

Hi,

I have a user who can see Jira items, but is unable to see Confluence pages. He is in the same default groups as everyone else. No separate groups are set up. No other user has this problem.

One interesting thing is this user has two emails at work, slightly different spellings, one forwards to the other. Not sure if that might be related or what role the email address plays in a user account.

How can I fix this? He's a user I really need to get active in Confluence.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

3 answers

0 votes

Alas, they are different email addresses. Not sure how that happened. He said he had to make an account twice.

I'll try to remove one whole email address, scrub all mention of the other account and try to line up the permissions on that one remaining account.

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

That would do it. 

0 votes

Quick reply, thank you!

The user is already licensed on both apps and is taking up a license slot on both.

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Well, then. 

Email is extremely important to the Jira account. So that avenue should definitely be checked. Are both his licenses based on the same email address, for instance?

The only other thing I can think of is to review again that the share permissions on the Confluence space or pages in question do not exclude him in some way. 

0 votes
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Confluence is licensed separately from Jira. You need to check that this person has a Confluence license assigned to them. If you have full admin rights you will be able to check this. Otherwise you will have to have an admin make the change. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events