One member I have given access cannot view the page, even though I added him to the viewer rights,

beate Honold May 5, 2022

I gave access to a user, and can see in the confluence hub --> he can view but still he cannot view from his side. ( due to inheriting restrictions from a parent page....)

I have no idea what to do to give him access. He is new with the company but should not be blocking him , he could login to confluence and thus I could select him for access rights. does he need to register anywhere else??

2 answers

0 votes
beate Honold May 8, 2022

Dear V.Y: , I did all it still does not work, and i had given others access the same way and it worked...is there a possibility that certain individuals may have certain settings so they do not have access ?

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @beate Honold  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It seems that user is having access on a page but not a confluence space. Kindly grant user view permission on Confluence space from Space tools then user will be able to access pages created under space. 

Thanks

V.Y

beate Honold May 5, 2022

Hi V.Y. 

I have given access to both, my confluence space and pages. it still does not work. Where do I give permission on confluence space from space tools?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @beate Honold  

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.

2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar.

3. Select General from the Space permissions card.

1. The Space permissions card is only visible if you're a space admin in that space.

4. Select an Edit Permissions button (Individual Users).

5. Find the row in the list for the user or group you want to grant or revoke a permission for.

6. Check the box to grant a permission. Uncheck the box to revoke a permission.

7. Scroll to the end of the page and click Save all to apply all the changes you've made.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/

View restrictions are inherited, which means a restriction applied to one page will cascade down to any child pages.

1.If you restrict viewing to a person or group, only they will be able to see that page and all its child pages (unless there are further restrictions on the child pages).

2.If you restrict editing to a person or group, they'll be able to see and edit that page, plus see its child pages.

3. Parent pages (higher up in the page hierarchy) can have their own view restrictions that may prevent people from viewing your page.

Thanks

V.Y

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events