Office Word display in Confluence

David Frei July 8, 2013

I'm testing the latest confluence specially how Office macro can view images of Office Word documents. We would store hundreds of word documents in Confluence if it works.

My original problem that in 4.x version the images were displayed in a very low pixel rate which result an unreadable images. As I know it is solved in the latest version (or upper 5.x).

As I test Atlassian Confluence 5.1.3 I realized that the images of Word doc. only displayed as img icons.

Can you please help why is that?

Chrome:

Firefox:

4 answers

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hi David,

I was able to reproduce this problem in my local environment, with a Word file from the web. It seems to be a bug. Being said that, here the bug report, that I have opened for you:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29885

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates.

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
David Frei July 9, 2013

Hi all,

I had a quick try using 5.1.4 Confluence with Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m.

I also tried with Firefox 19.0.

I got the same result that William reported in the issue:

- in 5.1.4 with Firefox it is OK, with Chrome you need to refresh the browser then it is OK.

BUT my original issue is still NOK:

- The images of the MS Word are displayed in a very low quality:

I tryed to modify the Add-on MS Office Connector Macro settings, but there is no setting for display I think. At the moment we are using Confluence 4.x and will upgrade to 5.x soon. I got the info that this image display problem is solved in 5.x but as I relaized it is NOT.

Do you may know something about this issue and the fixes done in 5.x Confluence?

Regadrs,

David

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hi David,

What browser did you use to access Confluence? I've tested this out in Confluence 5.1.4 using Firefox and it seems that the issue is not there. Can you please double confirm on that? Thanks!

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

A quick test on Confluence 5.1.3 indicates that this seems to be a bug. I'll run few more testing and get back to you more on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events