• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Office Powerpoint Macro does not work

Hi,

I'm trying to display a pptx file in a confluence page. All the fields are properly filled. However, I get no response when I click preview or save. I tried reopen the page, uploading another pptx. None of these works...

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 3.32.09 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Max,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I want to try and narrow down the cause of this, so could you please help me with the following information?

1. Is this on the new editor or the old editor?
  2. How did you attach the .pptx file to the page?
  3. To confirm, it does not work both in view and edit mode, is that right?
  4. Can you test this with other .pptx documents, and other Office files, such as .docx or .xlsx?
  5. Does this occur on other pages?
  6. Which browsers are you able to replicate this on?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

1. Is this on the new editor or the old editor? -> I'm using the cloud version, adding the Office Powerpoint macro on a page by default. Not very sure about new/old editor you mentioned.
  2. How did you attach the .pptx file to the page? -> I was trying to attach a ppt file from another page (a file list). I was able to find the page as well as the file from the drop-down list on the left side of the macro window, however, it gave no response when I click preview or save.
  3. To confirm, it does not work both in view and edit mode, is that right? -> that's correct
  4. Can you test this with other .pptx documents, and other Office files, such as .docx or .xlsx? -> I did and none of them worked. 
  5. Does this occur on other pages? -> I tried it with different pages and none of them worked. Actually it works if the file is attached to the same page. I assume the url was somehow incorrect when the macro tried to fetch the data from the designated page...
  6. Which browsers are you able to replicate this on? -> both Google Chrome and Safari

Br,

Max

Hi Max,

Thank you for the follow-up. I noticed that you were already in touch with our support team, and they let you know that it's related to this bug:

• CONFCLOUD-67859 Unable to Insert PDFs from Other Pages Using the PDF Macro

However, I believe it could even be related to this:

• CONFCLOUD-67900 Unable to Preview Excel Document using Excel Macro in New Editor

You can check your browser's Developer Console to be sure of the error messages that are being generated when you run into this issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Yes am also facing same issue in ppt 

I am also experiencing this issue. 

The console error I'm getting is below:

image.png

Steve I'm New Here Nov 23, 2020

I have the same issue, same error in console window.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

383 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you