Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Powerpoint Macro does not work

max.yang December 19, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to display a pptx file in a confluence page. All the fields are properly filled. However, I get no response when I click preview or save. I tried reopen the page, uploading another pptx. None of these works...

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 3.32.09 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Tibor Balázs May 17, 2021

I don't know if this issue still persist, but I found the same issue with a Macro vendor in Confluence Cloud: Whenever you add a new page/blog post / attachment, Confluence doesn't add the page to the backend DB instantly (I am guessing that they built it like this to work faster). It requires a couple of seconds or sometimes minutes until it is assigned and ID in the DB. Because of this, if you add an attachment you won't be able to preview it with a macro (even though your attachment is visible everywhere). 

My suggestion is: after you uploaded the file, wait a couple of minutes and then go back and add the macro and you will see how the magic happens. 

I know that this is not ideal but it is sort of a workaround until Atlassian finds a way to add things instantly to the DB (or maybe they never will as it was not designed like that, idk)

Let me know if this works for you also, as it worked for me and I am really curious. 

Best Regards,

Tibor

hasmeet_sethi August 12, 2021

I am facing the same issue. Not working even after waiting for good 20minutes

Sharmistha Roy October 28, 2021

Same issue still observed waited overnight. Unable to embedd interactive powerpoint.

Is there a defect for this? Whats the workaround?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Max,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I want to try and narrow down the cause of this, so could you please help me with the following information?

1. Is this on the new editor or the old editor?
  2. How did you attach the .pptx file to the page?
  3. To confirm, it does not work both in view and edit mode, is that right?
  4. Can you test this with other .pptx documents, and other Office files, such as .docx or .xlsx?
  5. Does this occur on other pages?
  6. Which browsers are you able to replicate this on?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

max.yang January 2, 2020

Hi Shannon,

1. Is this on the new editor or the old editor? -> I'm using the cloud version, adding the Office Powerpoint macro on a page by default. Not very sure about new/old editor you mentioned.
  2. How did you attach the .pptx file to the page? -> I was trying to attach a ppt file from another page (a file list). I was able to find the page as well as the file from the drop-down list on the left side of the macro window, however, it gave no response when I click preview or save.
  3. To confirm, it does not work both in view and edit mode, is that right? -> that's correct
  4. Can you test this with other .pptx documents, and other Office files, such as .docx or .xlsx? -> I did and none of them worked. 
  5. Does this occur on other pages? -> I tried it with different pages and none of them worked. Actually it works if the file is attached to the same page. I assume the url was somehow incorrect when the macro tried to fetch the data from the designated page...
  6. Which browsers are you able to replicate this on? -> both Google Chrome and Safari

Br,

Max

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

Hi Max,

Thank you for the follow-up. I noticed that you were already in touch with our support team, and they let you know that it's related to this bug:

• CONFCLOUD-67859 Unable to Insert PDFs from Other Pages Using the PDF Macro

However, I believe it could even be related to this:

• CONFCLOUD-67900 Unable to Preview Excel Document using Excel Macro in New Editor

You can check your browser's Developer Console to be sure of the error messages that are being generated when you run into this issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Sankar Palanisamy March 29, 2020

Yes am also facing same issue in ppt 

Sophie Levens November 20, 2020

I am also experiencing this issue. 

The console error I'm getting is below:

image.png

Steve November 23, 2020

I have the same issue, same error in console window.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events