Office Connector problem - nothing happens when clicking Edit in Office

Jason Moerbe June 4, 2014

I'm stretching the limits of my technical understanding, so thank you for your patience with my question.

I'm on a Mac with:

OSX 10.9.3

Firefox 29.0.1 (I understand there is a bug with Office Connector and FF 29 & 30, but supposedly that is fixed with the latest WebDAV Launcher https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33469

WebDAV Launcher 1.0.8

Open Office 4.1.0

With this setup, when I click "Edit in Office" nothing happens. No prompts, no opening of files. nothing.

I'm not sure I have the WebDAV launcher configured properly. In Windows, you point it down the path to the .exe. For OSX, I'm not sure exactly where to point it. Evidently it's not sufficient to enter "Open Office.app", which is what I get when I use the browser to indicate the application.

Any help is appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2014

Hi Jason,

You need one of the following software combinations to edit Office files from your wiki page:

• Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
  • OpenOffice 2.x – 3.x (The "Edit in Word" feature is known to work in OpenOffice 3.2.0)
  • Firefox – latest stable version

You are using a newer system and Open Office. This could be a reason why it is not working for you.

Please check below page, it may help to troubleshoot your specific problem

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Office+Connector+Limitations+and+Known+Issues

I hope that will help

-Mirek

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014
Jason Moerbe June 11, 2014

Thanks. According to the link in the OP, I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved. But maybe not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events