Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd characters on macros

DDEX Secretariat (NR) November 17, 2014

Hi there, I have a Confluence 4.3.7 installation which works well. When I edit pages, alas I see this instead of the normal macro code:

2014-11-17 11.36.03 am.png

Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened here? And, more critically, how I can change it? I have tried accessing the site using Firefox 33.1 as well as Safari 7.1.

Thanks,
Niels

6 answers

0 votes
DDEX Secretariat (NR) November 25, 2014

Well, it seems the problem is local. After trying to correct the character coding (and crashing the site in the process – thanks to backups!!!!), I see that I can see all using Chrome. Whereas on FF and Safari I see the garbled macros as shown above.

Don't ask me why...

0 votes
DDEX Secretariat (NR) November 19, 2014

I will let you know @Kirstin Seidel-Gebert...

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Hello Niels,

we are also experiencing issues like that (see Strange character added to macro body) and couldn't find the problem. So I'm very interested if you can find a solution. smile

There also seem to be others suffering from this: Strange à character in Confluence Editor - no URL rewriting. This thread could be interesting for you, too, @Benjamin Ingersoll.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Benn Ingersoll November 19, 2014

Thanks for the mention, @Kirstin Seidel-Gebert!

0 votes
DDEX Secretariat (NR) November 18, 2014

Rodrigo: Thanks! Let me try that. I am on the road at the moment so I will need a day or two...

GIuliano: It happens on all pages (well, all pages that I looked at) and with all macros (well, all macros I have seen -  including when I add a macro. So typing "{info" will lead to immediate gobbledegook...

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2014

Can you confirm if this is happening with all the macros or is it only with specific ones?

Also, will this happen with different pages?

Regards, 

GIuliano

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2014

Hi Niels,

that's a interesting behavior. I believe we might be facing a encoding issue with confluence database. Was there any change to the DB lately?

Can you run the encoding test located in this page and check if the issue happens?

If the issue happens, then I recommend to follow the step 2 of that doc to correct the encoding.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events