Odd behavior or intended behavior of search drop-down?

Veracode June 13, 2014

On the top right of a Confluence page there is a search field.

As I type into the search field there is drop-down list that appears. This appears BEFORE I press "return".

It looks like the index used by that search is not the same one used by the full search. We have situations where it fails to find anything at all for the drop-down list, but when one presses "return" we can lots (e.g. 1,167) results.

This looks broken to me. Is there an explanation about why the dropdown doesn't see anything when the full search sees lots.

FYI: We already rebuilt the indexes for Confluence, and that did not fix the problem.

-Vik

1 answer

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2014

Hey Vik,

One thing that pops into mind is that possibly the Quick Navigation feature has somehow been disabled. Could you check out this article here - Configuring Quick Navigation and determine whether or not it has indeed been disabled?

Veracode June 16, 2014

Although the page "Configurating Quick Navigation" does not appear to match our version of Confluence (5.4.4), I was able to locate the quick navigation checkbox, and it is enabled.

This would make sense, because for some strings the system produces a drop-down list, but for other strings it produces no list at all - even though the entries do exist. Please see attached for examples.

The page "product strategy home" shows when I type "home"

Nothing shows when I type "product".

Nothing shows when I type "stategy".

-Vik

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2014

Oh my, that's quite unusual. If you were to continue searching on let's say 'product' (just press enter on the search bar), will there be any results for it?

Veracode June 19, 2014

Yes. lots of results for each of those search terms. (more than 2,400 for "product" ; around 900 for "strategy"; and around 800 for "home")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events