Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKTA and Atlassian Cloud (provisioning failing) - Java type class and MIME media type

Igor Kovacevic January 11, 2018

I've been trying for days to connect OKTA and Atlassian cloud.

On Atlassian we are using Jira and Confluence.

On OKTA I am adding 2 applications. One for SAML (Atlassian Cloud) to login users, and another one for provisioning (Atlassian (Confluence) it's called).

Second one, for provisioning keeps failing with the error which is attached in the screenshot to this post.

Basically, SAML works (if I create user manually in Atlassian users, I can log them in via OKTA SSO - but if I create new User in OKTA it fails on provisioning the user to Atlassian.Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 23.55.37.png

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

I regret to report you are running into a limitation we are working to eliminate - the users cannot be provisioned from OKTA (or any IDP) at present. Please see: Enable user auto-provisioning and sync when SAML enabled

I hope you will vote and comment on the ticket to emphasize your use case. Doing so will also add you to notifications so you will know when there is progress,

Igor Kovacevic January 11, 2018

Thanks for getting back, Anna.

I feel like I am missing something here - this should not be something extraordinary and I would expect this to be part of your service. I understand issues like this show up to all of us - but I do not understand how and why would you leave this breaking issues ("limitation" as you call it) without fixing it.

I will comment on the ticket and hopefully you can fix this soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events