Notify watchers remembers your preference in Confluence - for the last page edited or on per page basis?

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Since Confluence 5.8 Notify watchers remembers your preference (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-5-8-release-notes-744325370.html#Confluence5.8ReleaseNotes-)

What is remembered, my choice for

a. the last page I edited

or b. the last time I edited exctly this one page?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

Hi Anne,

You turn the Notify watchers checkbox on and off on a page, not globally.  So it's b, the last lime you edited that exact page. 

You can test this yourself by creating and saving a new page.  Then turn Notify watchers off on an existing page.  When you edit the new page you just created, Notify watchers will still be turned on.

srikanth duggineni June 14, 2018

Hi, 

But on the same new page, though i Turn off the Notify watchers and save the page, again in edit mode, still the Notify watchers is checked.  I use conf v5.10.8. 

So is this an issue or i understood it wrongly? 

Thanks.

srikanth duggineni June 28, 2018

Hey , This is working fine as expected. I observed that one of my third party plugin is causing the issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events