Notify on my actions use case

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

Hi,

I wonder what the use case is for the option 'Notify on my actions'. Is it really just to get notifications of changes I make myself? Or is there another useful goal behind it?

In the documentation is mentioned "This affects all subscriptions set": what does this mean?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

Patrick -

I've only ever checked this box when I was testing notifications as an administrator. It's very helpful in that scenario. I can't think of another reason to have it on. I'm not sure about "Affects all subscriptions" - filter subscriptions are just scheduled emails that send you a list of tickets that match a filter on a regular schedule.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2014

The use case is actually "I do not want Jira to send me an email to confirm that I've just made a change that I know perfetly well I just made because I was the one doing the clicking".

The flag is there to allow you to opt in to these notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events