Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Sean Calfe February 22, 2021

Hi All,

Is there a way to temporarily remove all email notifications for a few days from Confluence Cloud? 

We are migrating Spaces from On-Premise onto Cloud and want to ensure the users on the space are not smashed with a 1,000 email notifications. Any help with this would be much appreciated! 

1 answer

1 vote
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Sean Calfe ,

There is no way to disable completely e-mail notifications in Confluence Cloud but I see 2 options you could use / try :

1. Tell the users to unsubscribe to notifications from their settings. It would highly decrease the number of notifications they should recieve
  2. When there are too many notifications at a time, Confluence is supposed to only sends 1 mail in order to spam the users (1 mail for a 10 min window). I have tried this when lots of modifications are made on a single document, but have never tried it on a bigger scale with various documents on different spaces impacted.

I never tried the second one so you should definitely try it first but I think it's likely to work (It would make lots of sense for Atlassian  to implement it in such a way to avoid to send mail).

Let me know how it goes !

Sean Calfe February 24, 2021

Unfortunately we've tried Option 2 and this hasn't worked. 

Option 1 is potentially the only avenue we could explore but would require them to turn the notifications back on for themselves. Option 1 is very reliant on the end user which is never great. 

Thank you for getting back to me however! Is there anything else you can think of that we can try?

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hello @Sean Calfe ,

Unfortunately there is no better way I can think of; 

However if your users are delt with using managed accounts you could try to deactivate them all temporarily from your new Confluence and re-activate them after the migration. Once again I never tried this manoeuvre  so you should definitely try it on a small number of users first :/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events