cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working after upgrading to confluence 5.5.7

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

HI All

I upgraded my confluence to 5.5 today and after the upgrade the notifications have stopped working. Even sending a test email is not working.

This is the error i am getting

2015-08-20 04:57:20,076 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-1] [atlassian.core.task.AbstractErrorQueuedTaskQueue] handleException com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful

Can anyone please help>

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

The problem was with the user not having permissions to send email as some one else (as in the from address). We got the permissions and that resolved our issue

Rahul

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Sounds like it can no longer connect to the email server.  Check the details (username password) on the mail server settings.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2015

I checked its the same user password we were using on pre-upgraded version. I even used another user and still the same. Any more ideas Nic?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Forget the settings on the pre-upgrade, did you set the correct user/password on the new one? Can you connect to the mail server from the Confluence server using a mail program or even telnet to check the credentials you have?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events