Notification of Slow Confluence

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Hi,

Our confluence slows down often.  Is there anyway I, as the administrator, can get a notification saying it is slower than a certain threshold?

Thanks,

Cynthia

2 answers

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hi Cynthia, 

Many factors can cause performance issue. 

I recommend you to start checking if:

1. Do you have enough memory to Confluence. For testing purposes you can increase the memory on <confluence-install>/bin/setenv.(sh/bat) file. 
  2. Check on <confluence-home>/logs/confluence-atlassian.log if do you have a database latency higher than 2ms. The parameter on the logs should be like Database Latency (ms): 0
  3. If you are running Confluence on Windows, check if do you have some antivirus. If so, for testing purposes disable this.
  4. Lastly, I recommend you to enable the debug mode to gather more information. On this link you can find the documentation related to this. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Troubleshooting+Slow+Performance+Using+Page+Request+Profiling

Hope this helps.

Renato Rudnicki

Atlassian Support

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Hi Cynthia,

Also, There is a KB article to know why JIRA/Confluence Apps are running slow. Please check it out to know what is really affecting Confluence Peformance.

Hope this helps

Cheers

@Chander Inguva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events