Notification of Slow Confluence

Hi,

Our confluence slows down often.  Is there anyway I, as the administrator, can get a notification saying it is slower than a certain threshold?

Thanks,

Cynthia

2 answers

1 vote

Hi Cynthia, 

Many factors can cause performance issue. 

I recommend you to start checking if:

1. Do you have enough memory to Confluence. For testing purposes you can increase the memory on <confluence-install>/bin/setenv.(sh/bat) file. 
  2. Check on <confluence-home>/logs/confluence-atlassian.log if do you have a database latency higher than 2ms. The parameter on the logs should be like Database Latency (ms): 0
  3. If you are running Confluence on Windows, check if do you have some antivirus. If so, for testing purposes disable this.
  4. Lastly, I recommend you to enable the debug mode to gather more information. On this link you can find the documentation related to this. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Troubleshooting+Slow+Performance+Using+Page+Request+Profiling

Hope this helps.

Renato Rudnicki

Atlassian Support

Hi Cynthia,

Also, There is a KB article to know why JIRA/Confluence Apps are running slow. Please check it out to know what is really affecting Confluence Peformance.

Hope this helps

Cheers

@Chander Inguva

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

226 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you