Note macro overlaps with table of contents - any fix?

Richard, Jr. Rabil December 17, 2013

We're looking to upgrade to Confluence 5, but in our test environment for the upgrade, we see that, at the top of a page, the note macro overlaps with the mini TOC. It thus hides some TOC entries and just plain looks terrible. See image below. (It's a bit hard to see since the note background color is so bright.)

On Confluence 4, this is not an issue. The note macro simply wraps to the next line and does not overlap with the mini TOC.

A little extra info: The mini TOC is currently wrapped in a div macro that has custom CSS float:right and position:relative properties. I took the TOC out of the div macro and applied these same properties directly to the TOC macro, but got the same results. In either case the note overlaps.

Does anyone know of any solutions or workarounds? Obviously we don't want to have to manually move the note macro above the TOC on hundreds of pages. If we could force the note macro to wrap to the next line once it hits the mini TOC, that would be a godsend.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard, Jr. Rabil December 18, 2013

Found the fix after playing around with the CSS. In the global or space-level custom stylesheet, you need to add the following code:

div.aui-message {
overflow-x: auto;
}

This solved the problem for us.

0 votes
javabrett August 14, 2016

In Confluence 5.9.12 the required style is:

.confluence-information-macro {
}
0 votes
A September 14, 2015

Hi There,

I am also facing the same issue on one of my page after a recent confluence upgrade to 5.8.4.

I tried adding the below code to my global style sheet as well but to no avail.

div.aui-message {
}

Was there any other fix found for this ?

Thanks - Akshay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events