Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all projects/issues are available to link to a confluence page, why?

Nancy Plagman August 29, 2019

Hi,  I am relatively new to Atlassian products.  We have a confluence page that we want to be able to link Jira issues to.  However, when we go link the issues, some projects/issues are not available and we can not figure out why? 

We have tried JQL and URL to find the issue in question.  The system will not display the issue to allow us to link it to the confluence page.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

If you have permissions to access these issues in JIRA, you will be able to search/link them in Confluence. Copy paste the JIRA issue url in confluence to test. This should create reverse linking between issue and confluence page

Nancy Plagman August 29, 2019

Thanks for replying.

That is what we thought.  I have admin rights and have access to the issues, have access to confluence.  We tried the filter (JQL) and it said no results, even though we know the project has multiple issues to choose from.  We then tried pasting the URL in the "Insert JIRA Issue/Filter" and it returns with the message, "No search results found".

I am finding it perplexing that certain issues are selectable/found in a search and others are not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events