It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not all projects/issues are available to link to a confluence page, why?

Hi,  I am relatively new to Atlassian products.  We have a confluence page that we want to be able to link Jira issues to.  However, when we go link the issues, some projects/issues are not available and we can not figure out why? 

We have tried JQL and URL to find the issue in question.  The system will not display the issue to allow us to link it to the confluence page.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

If you have permissions to access these issues in JIRA, you will be able to search/link them in Confluence. Copy paste the JIRA issue url in confluence to test. This should create reverse linking between issue and confluence page

Thanks for replying.

That is what we thought.  I have admin rights and have access to the issues, have access to confluence.  We tried the filter (JQL) and it said no results, even though we know the project has multiple issues to choose from.  We then tried pasting the URL in the "Insert JIRA Issue/Filter" and it returns with the message, "No search results found".

I am finding it perplexing that certain issues are selectable/found in a search and others are not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you