Not able to set page restrictions as I am not able to add the name of the groups or individuals.

Divyajyoti Sarangi December 26, 2022

What is the solution for this? 

Notes -

1. In the image, I am searching for only members and groups of my organization who are working on Confluence.
  2. The version of Confluence used is 7.9.3.

image.png

3 answers

1 vote
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2022

This may seem simple, but are you sure you're spelling the names of the users and/or groups correctly?

Try entering 2 common letters in the search box to see if you can get any user names to appear.

If you can, then you're likely misspelling the user/group names, or the user/group names don't exist. Ask users to log in to Confluence, or go through whatever process they should, to register their accounts in Confluence.

If you can't see any user names by entering 2 letters, try another 2 that are very common. If you still can't see any users or groups, then you have bigger problems. Any Confluence user/group will appear in the page restrictions screen regardless of if they have space permissions, which is counterintuitive.

Either way, if you're the Confluence (not space) admin, search for the users/groups in the Users or Groups admin screens just in case their names were somehow entered in an odd way.

Divyajyoti Sarangi December 29, 2022

Hi @WW, I tried everything you advised but the issue still persists. 

As per the names, I entered them precisely as they appear to me as the Confluence Admin.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2022

Are you able to enter and find any names?

Divyajyoti Sarangi January 1, 2023

@WW Happy New Year!!!

Nope, not able to find or enter a single name.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2023

Then that's your problem.

It sounds like you're a Confluence administrator. Are you a member of the confluence-administrators group? If so, then you should be able to enter any user or group, and therefore, you've got a problem that's beyond me, since I'm assuming users are able to access Confluence and do everything else.

I'd contact Atlassian support for help on this one. It's not a user error from what it sounds like to me.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2023

Also, do you have any plugins that affect users, permissions, and/or page restrictions?

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2022

@Divyajyoti Sarangi Welcome to the Atlassian community

Do the users and groups you are searching for have access to the Space that the page you are adding restrictions to resides in?

Divyajyoti Sarangi December 26, 2022

@Brant Schroeder Thank you for the greetings.

Yes, they do have access to that particular Space.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

@Divyajyoti Sarangi Are you the space admin?   Is this issue only happening with this space or is it happening with all spaces?

Divyajyoti Sarangi December 29, 2022

@Brant Schroeder Hi Brant. Yes, I am the space admin for the particular space. This issue is happening with all the spaces.

0 votes
Patrick Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2023

Can you find the groups and users in the admin screens? Can you share pages, give tasks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events