Not able to see the Public spaces in the dashboard after upgrade

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

Hello, 

I have upgraded Confluence from 5.7.4 to 5.9.1 and I'm facing  a problem , Anonymous not able to see the in dashboard the public spaces.

So he have to go to spaces to see them

IS there any way to have the old dashboard ?

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2015

Hi Rita, 

For users that does have login in Confluence, once you access the dashboard, in the right side of your screen, you will see a button named Give me the old dashboard. To revert it to the new dashboard, you can refer to this doc, for each user that clicked the button.

However, as you question is related to the Anonymous users not seeing the spaces in the dashboard, one of the options that you can give a try is to edit the dashboard content. For that, you need to access the Global Templates & Blueprints option in your administration console of Confluence. There, you have an option to Edit the Default Welcome Message

There, it will be like a normal page to add content. To have the spaces displayed for the anonymous, you can select the Spaces List macro through the macro browser of Confluence (*Insert* button in the editor). This macro will display all the spaces of your instance in a list and it will be in the dashboard, once you will be editing that. However, I have created this feature request which fits with your situation: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40221

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events