Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Not Permitted' Confluence page customization

Regis May 27, 2014

Hi There

My Confluence instance contains a set of spaces, each of them having its permission scheme defined the same way, with some groups.

I'd like to know whether anyone tried to customize the 'Not Permitted' message, displayed whenever a user tries & accesses a page to which he's not granted access, so that, instead of a mere 'Not Permitted' message, he gets, for instance, the list of Space Admins he should get in touch with, to be granted access to the concerned space.

Is it possible to do that? Or if not, is it possible to add , to the message, at least a link to a Confluence page, which would list, for all spaces, their Space Admins?

Any comment/help is welcome :)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2014

Hi Regis,

It seems this would be possible by editing the velocity template of the page as we can see in this answer.

This is possible by editing the Velocity Template for that page, which can be found in the following location: <confluence_install_directory>/confluence/pages/pagenotpermitted.vm

I recommend to backup the file before attempting any modification so you can restore it in case something goes wrong.

Cheers!

Rodrigo

Regis June 2, 2014

Thanks Rodrigo.

For sure, we are not used modifying files without keeping the current version before :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events