Not Able to Install An App On My Instance of Confluence

Jake June 17, 2021

I want to install https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/41025/plantuml-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview but am getting errors. These screenshots can show what I am seeing...

First, I was not able to locate the app through the "Find New Apps" in settings (it does not come up even with several searches...

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 00-47-14 Find new apps - Confluence.pngScreenshot 2021-06-17 at 00-50-33 Find new apps - Confluence.png

Then I found these instructions to upload from a file (I am able to download the file through the app page linked at the top of this post. The documentation in the https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-marketplace-apps-273875715.html section shows the dialog window having an "Choose File" feature but I do not have that in mine.

Here is what my dialog window looks like (no option to choose a file)...

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 11-27-28 Manage apps - Confluence.png

You can see all the urls I tried and the error I'm getting. I don't know why I'm getting that or why I can't get this app...

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 11-27-43 Manage apps - Confluence.png

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I install this app? An, ultimately, what can I do to get this app installed?

Ps: I did see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/cannot-be-installed-on-this-Cloud-instance/qaq-p/570117 but it is really not the same. Its teh same error message but that person seems to be making an app. I'm trying to install one that is already made and (seems to be) on the marketplace as a fee app.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021
Jake June 17, 2021

I'm using Confluence not Jira.

Jake June 17, 2021

Then what does "Free app" mean?

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 11-37-42 PlantUML for Confluence.png

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Jake - The URL that you tried is for Confluence Server and the one I shared is for Confluence Cloud

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

@Jake  - Server compatible version of the plugin is free of cost. 

The Cloud version seems to be a commercial one.

Jake June 17, 2021

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215115/plantuml-diagrams-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

^ That does not even look like the same app. It is by Stratus Add-onsbut the one I was trying to install is by avono AG

(two different developers). I can see that there are many different apps for plantUML but I was wanting the one I am asking about in the original post. Is that possible?

Jake June 17, 2021

deleted by poster

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

@Jake - The PlantUML for Confluence app by avono AG is Cloud incompatible

Like Jake likes this
Jake June 17, 2021

I see. Thanks for getting me squared away about that.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

No worries. Kindly accept the answer so that the post will be marked as SOLVED. Thanks and Good luck

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events