No permissions after integrating confluence with crowd

Paul Stewart October 16, 2016

i'm building a test environment for several JIRA products and want to use Crowd for centralized ID/pass

Crowd is installed and appears to be working fine.

I added Confluence and set it up for authentication via Crowd.  This tested fine and everything from what I can see is correct.  The only "dumb" thing I did though is removed local authentication on Confluence which appears to have removed my admin privileges.

To be clear, my "admin" login on Confluence is the same login as what I added to Crowd.  That login is a member of the administrators group.

Is there a way I can (via SSH) modify the Confluence configuration to re-enable local authentication while i look into this further?

Thanks,

Paul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2016

>To be clear, my "admin" login on Confluence is the same login as what I added to Crowd.

Ah, now that's not quite true, and I think that's the problem here.  Confluence lets you have many user directories, and it looks for things in order.  An object (user or group mostly) in one directory is totally separate from the others.  If you have duplicate objects, it uses the first one it finds in the first directory. 

So, I suspect you have admin (internal) and admin (Crowd).  And admin (Crowd) is not in the administrators group for Confluence.

First, I'd try adding admin (Crowd) into the admin groups via Crowd.  Problem there is that the Crowd groups may also not be set up to allow admin too, so you'd still be stuck.

Then, I'd try re-enabling the internal directory in the database.  There's a table called cwd_directory which contains a column for enabled/disabled, as well as the order.  Simplest trick would be to first delete or rename "admin" in crowd (if the crowd directory is higher in the list than the interna one) and then just flip the "enabled" flag on the internal directory.  Have Confluence offline while you do that, or it won't realise you've changed stuff.

0 votes
Paul Stewart October 16, 2016

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events