• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No Hibernate Transaction for job webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.runner

Hello,

we have upgraded from confluence server 7.0.3 to 7.4.0 a while ago and yesterday also to 7.4.1.

Since 7.4.0 i noticed this regular occuring exception. I wasn't able to identify the job so far. So i am asking if this might become a problem in the future or if i can ignore it safely.

Confluence is pretty much in the default settings which came with 7.0.3. and connected against a 19.6.0.0.0 Oracle Database using ojdbc8-19.7.0.0.jar 

Maybe there is only the @Transactional Annotation Missing on the service in the code itself, but wouldn't more people come up with the problem then? The only thing i haven't done yet after the upgrades was deleting the plugin cache directories could it be related to that?

2020-07-14 04:22:00,004 ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.runner#webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.job failed to run
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Hibernate Session bound to thread, and configuration does not allow creation of non-transactional one here
[...]
at com.atlassian.webhooks.internal.dao.AoInvocationHistoryDao.deleteDailyCountsOlderThan(AoInvocationHistoryDao.java:116)
at com.atlassian.webhooks.internal.dao.AsyncInvocationHistoryDao.deleteDailyCountsOlderThan(AsyncInvocationHistoryDao.java:77)
at com.atlassian.webhooks.internal.history.DefaultInvocationHistoryService$DailyCleanupJobRunner.runJob(DefaultInvocationHistoryService.java:334)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.doRunJob(JobRunnerWrapper.java:117)
[...]
2020-07-14 04:22:00,007 WARN [Caesium-1-1] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.runner#webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.job completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=FAILED,message='IllegalStateException: No Hibernate Session bound to thread, and configuration does not allow creation of non-transactional one here']

2 answers

I'm getting this issue as well and haven't found a solution, upgrading to 7.4.4.

Did you manage to find out what was causing this and if it is safe to ignore?

If I find anything I'll post an update here as well. 

0 votes
Anuj Sharma Atlassian Team Oct 19, 2020

Hi @aprince , @Haube 

The above issue only occurs when the job runs automatically. The error tells us that we do have webhooks.history.daily.cleanup.job in failed (F) status but this is nothing to worry about for you and is actually a false leading indication as per the bug report:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

218 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you