New "Search Relevance" announcement

Christian Jacobsen September 23, 2013

The "Improved Search" touted in this announcement makes me slightly concerned. My team is looking at ramping up our commitment to Confluence, but we deal in very timely data. We regularly post new documents or analysis that supercedes a previous one, and we need the new version to register higher in the search results. (Otherwise our users might be working from old information.)

In the announcement I referenced above it seems as if Confluence's search is going the way of social media, and could be weighing "popular" documents higher that newer ones.

Is this true? Are there more technical details available that describe exactly how the search algorythm is changing?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Migration Bot 9000 October 15, 2013

Christian,

The new search algorithm will continue to boost recently modified / created documents in search results (in fact, the same code that did the boosting before is still being used)

Only content found in the popular tab on the Confluence dashboard is ranked according to popularity (proportional to the number of comments and likes). Search results are not affected.

Cheers,
Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events