New editor linking to Anchor

Viewing page 2 of 2

35 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Steve Hermes June 19, 2019

Still no anchor macro ---- what is going on ?

1 vote
Anthony Baker June 18, 2019

Cripes — this answers my recently-posted question.

Not the answer I was hoping for, of course. :/

0 votes
David Bradley September 14, 2021

Not an answer, just another compaint. I've updated a page to the new editor (hate it, btw - whomever's idea it was to reduce functionallty needs to take a long hard look in the mirror). The page has anchors, some of which are working and can be linked to. I am now unable to search for the anchor, and when entering the below combinations, confluence is unable to find the anchor.

#anchorname

Page Name#anchorname

#Page Name#anchorname

Page Name##anchorname

Is there anything else I can try? I'd log it as a bug but that will probably not get resolved for months. 

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

@David Bradley, I guess you know that you can hover over a heading and at the right hand side a link to copy will appear. This is in the form of https://some.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TES/pages/2064056335/Page+Title#The-heading

So as long as you use headings, you should be able to link to them.

0 votes
Jeanne Howe March 1, 2021

Looking for Atlassian to give us the option of which editor we use as a "default". Please help by voting for this issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71078 

As admins, we should be able to set the default editor used by the instance for all pages/blogs being created.

As a  user, I should have the option of setting my personal default within my profile.

Thank you

0 votes
Darron Smith July 21, 2020

Those looking for alternatives might find this Google Chrome feature of use:
Scroll to Text Fragment DOM 

This feature allows a user or author to link to a specific portion of a page, using a text snippet provided in the URL. When the page is loaded, the browser highlights the text and scrolls it into view.

Obviously wont suit everyone, but it's a similar-ish function.

0 votes
Walter Andreas Pucko April 18, 2020

I just spent 10 Minutes in finding out that this is somehow no longer available. The documentation of confluence is ... well found your own word for this. Frustrating.
Have a look for yourself. I am using the new editor.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/anchors-139442.html

Klaus Leiter July 22, 2020

For the moment I was really surprised and happy reading your message- Anchors are back in the new editor - but obviously only when you use  a page or page template which was set up with the old editor.

In the new editor there is no Anchor Macro available - at least not in the German Version.

So the new editor ist still more frustrating than the old one ..............

But hope dies last

0 votes
Ohad Oliver April 14, 2020

For what reason there is no anchors on the new editor? Is there a logical reason to that or did they just haven’t released it yet? 

0 votes
Jase Watson February 10, 2020

👀

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events