New editor: Align images within a layout?

Marie Kretlow January 17, 2020

We are rolling onto the new editor in Confluence Cloud and have established page templates that leverage the 3/4, 1/4 layout that we'd like to continue using.

I'm noticing that I can only see the controls to align an image when it's outside of the layout container. They don't appear when I add an image within a layout—only delete shows. Is this temporary functionality or intentional?

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2020

At this stage it is intentional in the new editor, but also because the new editor doesn't support inline images like the old editor.

The only possible work around using out of the box features in the new editor would be add the image as a custom (inline) emoji, then you can apply text alignment to it.

Marie Kretlow January 21, 2020

Hi James,

Thanks for your response. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly—the new editor in Confluence supports inline images outside of a layout, but not within a layout? 

Thanks again,

Marie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events