New confluence experience won't turn off for anonymous users.

Larry Barker August 15, 2017

Hi,

So I enabled it to see what it was like and decided to turn it off.  Problem is if I login it shows the old version whish is great.   But, now all anonymous users still see the new Confluence experience.   Any ideas on how to turn the whole thing off?

Thanks,

Larry

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Sauter August 18, 2017

I don't think it's worth the effort to find out since the option to turn off the new Confluence UI will be gone soon.

confluence_new_ui.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

I don't think it's possible - the anonymous user doesn't have a profile to save the setting to.

It is possible it seems.   Logged in under my admin account I've turned off the new experience.  I have the old UI.   From another PC with now history and reset browser I get the new UI not logged in as anyone.

Does anyone else know if there is a global setting for a space to remove the new experience?  I'm not seeing one anywhere.

Thank you,

Larry

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Ah, I'm guessing it's in the default user settings?

The layout is something that applies across the whole of Confluence, so there won't be a space-based setting, it's by user.

Ya, no idea what is going on now.   I've turned it on/off a few times over the past week and it always removed the anonymous side new experience as well.  This time it just seems stuck on it.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events