New Pages Not Created Alphabetically

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

Hello,

Does anyone know why new pages are not shown alphabetically in the treee when they're created?

All ours are added to the bottom of the tree, which creates extra work as we then have to move them to the correct place. The majority of our pages should be listed in alphabetical order, so that's where they should be.

We're running download 5.4.3.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

Hello Mick,

we don't have this (Confluence 5.5.2 download). In our version, pages only are added to the bottom of the tree, if the order of pages of this part of the tree has been manually changed from alphabetical.
Just FYI.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Kirstin,

Thanks for the info. Do you mean that new pages are added at the bottom IF the tree, at the point you're adding the new page, has been manually re-structured by moving other pages?

I still don't expect this to happen as it is counter-intertuitive and more like a bug than a feature.

Cheers.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Yes.
Once you have changed the order of pages manually, this part of the tree is no longer concerned as to be ordered alphabetically.

Nevertheless, you can re-apply alphabetical order. Go to Space Admin > Pages and navigate to the master page (whose childrens order you want to change). Then, click the A-Z icon next to the page title of the master page.
All child pages will be rearranged to alphabetical order.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Kirstin,

Well knock me down with a dead fish, I didn't know you could do that.

I'm not sure I agree with the logic, but if that's the way it works, I can adjust my thinking. :)

Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events