Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Page Already Being Edited By Different User

Brandon Viertel October 17, 2017

Recently, a user had went to create a page in a space (after some server downtime). When they selected create a page they were brought to to the edit page section. However, when they landed there it had notified the user that the page was being edited by another user. This was off of a brand new create page. We are running an older stand alone version, Confluence 5.4.4. Any idea as to why this had happened?

Thank you,

Brandon

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Alright, thank you for letting me know Brandon.

If it occurs again you can send us some details regarding your logs, etc. but I would definitely recommend upgrading soon, at any rate, if you are able.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Does this occur with any new page, or only this particular one? 

Also, you may be aware that your Confluence version is no longer being supported or updated due to our End of Life Policy. Thus, it's possible this is a bug that has already been fixed. I can try to help you track it down, so you can let me know if it always occurs, or only for specific pages/spaces.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Brandon Viertel October 18, 2017

This is the only recorded issue of this particular type, and it only happened on that one particular page. The page had not even been fully created yet when it displayed that another user was editing it. It happened after the server went down for a cache syncing process. This particular user was having issues since that process had started (503 errors when creating and saving pages), and that issue has since dissipated. It was 2 days after the sync process where the user was able to create and save again, and the page with the editing issue was her first create page after the cache sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events