New Jira UX

Chris Westerfield November 8, 2017

Hi

when will the new Atlassian UX be available on the Server Software of Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and Bamboo?

I'm asking, because I get the feeling like Jira Server are Customers Second Grade.

4 answers

1 vote
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2017

Hi @Chris Westerfield

I have some good news for you. We are working on a refreshed look and feel for the Server and Data Center versions of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence and Bitbucket (and for HipChat Data Center). This is based on the new Atlassian design and will include things like the updated colour palette, typography and icons.

A number of details will differ from the changes you've seen in Cloud products. For example, we're not currently working on large shifts to the navigation.

We want to give customers a smooth upgrade path, so we're specifically taking this approach for our Server and Data Center customers to make sure that add-ons and custom plugins continue to work and that customers aren't forced to retrain their users (e.g. for navigation).

At this point I can't give you any specific timeline for these updates, but I can share that it's something we are working on. If you have any specific questions, feel free to share and I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers,
Judd
Design Manager, Server

0 votes

Well I just hope that several plugin developers don't decide to cut support for Jira Server as the Maintenance of both server and cloud could be time consuming

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

It's always been time consuming.  Apps for Cloud and Server use totally different frameworks.  Whilst there's core logic and sometimes a bit of code you can share between them, on the most part, any app that is for both is two independent products.

0 votes

It's pretty lame if this is going to happen.

Don't understand why you tread the Server Software Users this way.

Especially because the Jira Cloud Instance has so many issues, especially on the Performance part. (At my Company we mostly suffer from slow instances to constant failures on the instance part.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Not my choice, I'm not Atlassian.

I'm not fond of the new UI, I think it needs quite a lot of work in usability terms.  It's clearly less friendly than the old one in some ways.  That said, it could work.  I suspect part of the Atlassian approach is "don't clobber the server users until we've got it right"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

From what I've heard (unofficially), it is pretty much certain that it will not be before the next US Summit (spring 2019), and don't bet on it being one of the things announced then either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events