Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FQDN for Confluence staging

Anand Sakthivel October 22, 2019

Hi,

We're running Confluence version 6.15.2 and planning to upgrade it to the latest version i.e. 7.0.3.

Before performing the upgrade on the production we're doing it on a test environment. The test environment is isolated from the production one and uses a separate DB instance as well. And we would like to use a new domain name for the test environment. 

So how can we achieve this? Please assist us.

Thank You

Br,

Anand

1 answer

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi,

Create a new domain / subdomain for your test env in your DNS management. Make sure it's A record points to the Confluence Test server's IP. In case you have an apache / nginx proxy in-front of your confluence then the A record should points to the apache / nginx server. As we do not know much about the test env (like how did you  setup and accessing via port or without port), we can't give more recommendations. 

If you do not have any proxy then you could access your test confluence via,

http://yourtestdomain.com:<port>

Hope this helps

-Shankar

Anand Sakthivel October 22, 2019

Hi,

My concern was that, the production database would have links pointed to the actual domain and if we use a new domain name for test environment it would still be redirecting to the original one.

So how can I fix this ? Any thoughts ?

/Anand

Anand Sakthivel October 23, 2019

I changed the base URL in the database using this link,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-manually-change-the-base-url-310378877.html

but still it's redirecting to the old domain.

/Anand

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Anand,

I understand you want to change the baseURL / oldURL of your confluence stage instance since its pointing to your prod instance. There are multiple ways to do this - pls refer to this link for more information.

Hope this helps

-Shankar

Anand Sakthivel October 24, 2019

Hi,

Thanks, I've managed to fix it.

/Anand

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events