Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Draw.io diagram randomly displayed on Confluence page, not where the cursor is.

MadelineBarr December 20, 2019

We are using Confluence Server 6.15.7 with the Draw.io Confluence Plugin (App) 8.4.0

Sometimes when a new Draw.io diagram in inserted into a confluence page, the diagram doesn't appear where the cursor is but  is inserted randomly on the page. The diagram then has to be moved to the intended spot. This is particularly irritating when you have multiple diagrams on one Confluence page.

We can reproduce the issue but not consistently. In most cases, when we have this happen,  there is a Heading 1, followed by the status lozenge and then the Draw.io diagram. Not sure if the macros that come before the diagram have anything to do with the issue, but it's just happens to be what was in our page when the issue happens.

Has anyone else had this issue or can you recreate it? Ideas?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Hi,

If you repeat all the steps in another browser and Incognito mode, is a diagram displayed where the cursor is, please?

Regards,

MadelineBarr January 15, 2020

That's a good question. Since I can't reproduce the issue consistently I was unable to test in all browsers.

What I can tell you is we had it occur in Safari on a Mac and in Chrome on a Windows PC. 

I'll try again to reproduce the issue in other browsers and update the post if it happens again. I'll also check with the person who was running into the issue often. However, she's not using it as heavily anymore so it's probably a non-issue for her.

Thanks for your question.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

It's not something we've had reported. It's certainly worth updating the draw.io plugin, but I doubt that would help. The insertion point on the page is decided by Confluence prior to draw.io code being invoked. Have you tried other macro plugins instead of draw.io in the same scenario?

MadelineBarr December 20, 2019

Thanks for your reply, David. I figured it wasn't something reported because I can't find information on it anywhere.

We have not had any issues with the Atlassian macros, delivered or user-installed. As for the non-Atlassian, user-installed macro - we have one other and have not had any issues with it (or reported) but it is not as heavily used as Draw.io. 

It's very possible it's a Confluence thing over an Draw.io thing but I really don't know. I was hoping either someone has heard of this before or someone would be able to confirm it happens to them as well, whether it be Draw.io or another macro.

I'm open to any ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events