New Confluence user notification with LDAP

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

We're using designated LDAP to manage our users in Confluence (server) and the new user email that goes out is causing a ton of unnecessary support issues. The email says "click here to change your password" but when users click on that link, it takes them to a error page (since you can't do that with LDAP). I want to change the contents of the email to say "use your system username and password". I put in a support ticket and Atlassian replied, "here's the issue you need to vote on to fix that." So I'm asking here if anyone has figured out how to fix this. I'm assuming there's an email template somewhere I could hack but I don't know where to start looking. 

TIA!

-Kathy

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Kathy,

Your Atlassian support engineer was probably uncomfortable pointing you to an unsupported customization, but we have no such constraints here on the Community forum.

To hack the email template requires Soy template skills. This page has a link out to the developer docs if you need them and also has the path to your email template .jar file: Customizing Email Templates

While I lack the dev chops to be of much help, this forum is packed with developers and other experts, so please post any questions back here so we can work together on any issues you run into.

Thanks,

Ann

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Thx! That's the conclusion we came to also. I'm working on figuring out who can actually access the templates so I can see if I can fake my way through updating them :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events