Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Confluence Theme/Style is Gone?

Matthew Seigler February 3, 2020

Hello,

I just started testing out Confluence Cloud a couple of weeks ago and I noticed at one point that it told me that I was using a new type of "theme" essentially, and it notified me of the option to go to the old one.  (The new "theme" was all white with the navigation bar at the top, whereas the old "classic" one had the navigation bar on the left and it had a lot of blue.)  I tried the classic one just to see and I ultimately stuck with the new style as I preferred it and I've used it with the new style for the past week.

Today upon visiting my Confluence cloud to check something I noticed the style has reverted and I can no longer find an option to convert it back.  Am I missing something or did they get rid of the new style?  

(Note I did check under the settings "Look and Feel" section and the "Site Theme" is set to the "Default Theme" without the option of the new one.)

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Matthew Seigler , 

I’m Elaine from Confluence Product Management. What you experienced is an unintended rollback of the new top navigation experience due to technical issues.

We recently discovered that some Confluence sites (<2% of all sites) received the new top navigation experience on December 12, 2019 PST, and then it went back to side navigation on January 28, 2020 PST. Your site could be one of the affected.

Our team’s top priority is bringing back the intended navigation. Please watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69276 to stay posted on the latest status.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if there's anything we can be of help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events