cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Error upon login - Confluence using Jira user management

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hello from Germany!

We have Jira 4.4.4 and Confluence 4.1 installed and set up Confluence to use the Jira User management. It used to work quite well for a while (except the fact that users in Jira keep get logged out very quickly), but all of a sudden we can't log in to confluence any longer, we keep getting that network error message (Sorry, a network error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists.) Also the confluence gadgets don'T work in the Jira dashboard (GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 504).

I suppose the reason might be something with the server adresses, both running on the same machine, but for whatever reason two domains (2 possible domains for each system while jira and confluence use different ports) and we also had the effect, that it was working better or worse depending on the domains used.

Basically the problem is, that we can't login to confluence and change the settings to make it work again and also don't know where else to change it (file or database). Jira is still running well, but we keep getting error messages when trying to change the settings regarding the application links because of the fact that jira can't communicate with the confluence system and vice versa.

I would really appreciate any quick help with this. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hi,
Could you please attach atlassian-confluence.log from <confluence-home>/logs? In addition to that, regarding this issue, I would strongly encourage you to raise a support request on https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers! -Josua

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2012

Thank you, Rian!

The file is almost 20mb so I uploaded it to my FTP

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

We've found some exception on your logs. Have you tried double check on the permission on all install and home directories?

2012-07-03 19:00:18,881 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener] contextInitialized Error initialising plugin manager: I/O errors during LOB access; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access
org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: I/O errors during LOB access; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:597)
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateAccessor.convertHibernateAccessException(HibernateAccessor.java:353)

Cheers, Josua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events