Nested list with numbers and bullets without using wiki markup macro .

Hi everybody,

I'm using Confluence 4.0. I'm trying to create a nested list like the one below:

1. This is
  2. an example
    • of a nested list
    • with bullets
  3. and numbers

I cannot create it with the autocomplete feature but only using the wiki mark up macro with the following statement:

# This is
# an example
#* of a nested list
#* with bullets
# and numbers

Is it possible to have the nested link by just using autocomplete or i have to use always the wiki markup macro?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Kostas,

Yes it is actually possible to do this trough the normal editor mode. Let me try to explain this

1. Create the numbering first
  2. In the second line, use "tab" button so that the cursor move inward
  3. Confluence would use numbering when you move the cursor inward
  4. Change it to "bullet point" by clicking the option

That should do it. I know its a bit confusing, let me know if you need any clarification. I will create a video for you :).

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Hi Septa,

all right it works.

At step 4 of your guides Ctrl+Shift+B also works.

Cheers,

Kostas

Hi Kostas,

Great to hear that :).

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

I think I knew this, but forgot. :)

Thanks for the reminder, am adding this to our How-To list straight away!

If you're using Firefox, the "Confluence rich text editor - show tags" user style might help you when editing nested lists, to show where each list and list item begins and ends (sometimes it's not so obvious).

This workaround can also be used to fix lists that have broken numbering. Select the bullets to be indented under a number, click 'Numbered List' button, hit 'Tab' key, and then click the 'Bullet List' button.

I have a feeling that I am going to be spending a lot of time pointing and clicking in this new editor. A lot of time.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

273 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you