Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on how to hide a Space's sidemenu within Confluence

George Chilcott October 2, 2017

Hi, I am trying to build a help centre within Confluence and need to hide the side menu to stop users (particularly anonymous ones) navigating to areas such as space tools etc. 

The documentation I have found is not very clear where and how to do this (even mentioning pages/sections that don't exist) and any help centre questions on this are also outdated - FYI I am on Confluence Cloud 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi George,

It is not possible to make such customizations in Confluence Cloud.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

George Chilcott October 3, 2017

Hi Shannon, 

Thank you for your reply, 

As this is not possible within Cloud, how can I restrict users to only view the space/pages that I set?

For example, if I set anonymous users to view a space those users can still view the space tools... this doesn't seem right to let anonymous user view this, however, I want my users to view the help guides without logging in, even then I wouldn't really want users to view the space tools etc. 

Kind regards

George 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2017

George,

You can follow the instructions here to Set up Public Access to a Space in Confluence.

If the anonymous user is given permission to see the space then they will see the directory and Space Tools as well, but we do have a feature request to change this behavior in the future:

Please vote on the ticket to show your support for implementing this change, and add a comment with your use case to help to better understand the need for this feature. 

You can watch the case in order to be updated on any progress.

Otherwise, it would require adding some custom HTML which is not possible in Cloud due to the Confluence Cloud restricted functions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events