Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Need help investigating why logging into Confluence takes a long time

Edited

Users have reported that when logging into Confluence there is a very long wait time until they are able to access the application. This seems to occur only upon the first time a user logs in. I've also seen this happen when I try to access administrative pages and have re-submit my credentials. Load time is approximately 2-3 minutes which is quite significant.

I'd like to understand what may be causing this lag and how to resolve it. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 07, 2022

Hi @Rehnuma Noor are you using an external user directory? Is it only with Confluence? Do you have other Atlassian products?

Hi Dave,

Yes, we use an external directory that is configured to LDAP. The same applies to Jira which shares the server that Confluence is housed in. We haven't noticed any type of lags in Jira.

We also use Bitbucket but this runs from a separate server so I don't think it would have any effect on Confluence.

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 07, 2022

Are the user directories synchronized correctly?

Have you looked at the session timeout settings as well as the HTTP Timeout Settings?

Synchronizations seem to be completing fine. No failures.

Is there something specific I need to be looking at in terms of timeout sessions? Are there any logs that may provide some insight into what may the underlying issue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events