Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance setting up Synchronous LDAP when Group Perms are lost after migrating to Delegated LDAP

Lyndon-Michael Gordon December 27, 2012

We migrated from 3.4 to 4.2.4, and had to make use of the Delegated LDAP profile to get it to work when migrating through 3.5.x . There was a migration task we used to migrate the Group permissions then. Now I have been directed to see why Synch LDAP can't be utilized now. It appears that IDs are being populated in the Sync process, but users are not being assigned group permissions.

I need a way to reverse migrate the Group permissions from Delegated LDAP to Sync LDAP? Can anyone provide me some input on how I would copy entries?

I appreciate any assistance.

Lyndon-Michael Gordon

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2012

Hi there,

To expand on what Tousif has already mentioned, it's possible to use Bob Swift's CLI to bulk assign group memberships. See the following KB for details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Migrate+Local+Group+Memberships+Between+Directories

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hello

Lyndon-Michael Gordon,

please refer the below links

Or you would use LDAP with Internal Groups, and then use Bob Swift's CLI Plugin and bulk assign.

Hope this helps you!

regards,

tousif shaikh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events