Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Recovering & Recreating corrupt H2 Embedded DB

Daniel Healy August 9, 2017

Hi All,

So I am happy to report that my H2 Embedded DB is corrupted (yeah, I know, I know, evaluation purposes only). I was able to use the H2 Recovery Tool to extract and create a .SQL file from the data. However, recreating the DB with the SQL script has not been so successful. I was not able to successfully use RunScript from the set of H2 tools to create it. Instead, I had to use DbVisualizer to create the simple DB, "h2db", open and run the SQL file against the PUBLIC schema. Is that correct? I took the new db file, h2db.h2.db, and dropped it in my database directory, set the ownership and permissions correctly, but Confluence produced a fatal error when starting now:

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs) - org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Any help would be appreciated. I have a MySQL Server ready to migrate the DB to a production quality DB if I can recover this data.

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

Confluence runs daily backup jobs (if you enabled it) Have a look in confluencedata/backups/ and use the zip-file to recover Confluence.

-Lars

Daniel Healy August 9, 2017

I wish there was a backup, but nope :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events