Need Help Recovering & Recreating corrupt H2 Embedded DB

Hi All,

So I am happy to report that my H2 Embedded DB is corrupted (yeah, I know, I know, evaluation purposes only). I was able to use the H2 Recovery Tool to extract and create a .SQL file from the data. However, recreating the DB with the SQL script has not been so successful. I was not able to successfully use RunScript from the set of H2 tools to create it. Instead, I had to use DbVisualizer to create the simple DB, "h2db", open and run the SQL file against the PUBLIC schema. Is that correct? I took the new db file, h2db.h2.db, and dropped it in my database directory, set the ownership and permissions correctly, but Confluence produced a fatal error when starting now:

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs) - org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Any help would be appreciated. I have a MySQL Server ready to migrate the DB to a production quality DB if I can recover this data.

2 answers

Confluence runs daily backup jobs (if you enabled it) Have a look in confluencedata/backups/ and use the zip-file to recover Confluence.

-Lars

I wish there was a backup, but nope :(

Posted this on StackExchange - had a hellish day yesterday figuring this out. 

I documented my fix in this gist.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

397 views 17 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you