Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need Component field when creating ticket from confluence

Hello ,

We are creating tickets from confluence by highlighting text currently only summary & description fields are appearing. We required component field to appear while creating ticket.

Tried making component as mandatory field still it is not showing when creating ticket. I highly appreciate if someone help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Mahesh

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek Community Leader Mar 10, 2021

Hi Mahesh,

I'm worried that it's still not possible to configure fields to create an issue from Confluence. A ticket to this behavior has existed at Atlassian Jira since 2013 and is still not implemented - please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-31867.

You can try the paid addon - IssueCreate for Confluence 

Cheers,

Pavel

Dear @Pavel Junek 

Thanks for your prompt response.

Disappointed at least they should provide system fields option while creating ticket instead of going through addon.

Regards,

Mahesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,447 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you