My permissions grants me full access but still unable to publich a copied page. Why??

Ryan Li February 18, 2020

In 'Space Settings' to the Confluence project, my user profile has full view/edit access (see attached screen shot).

However, when copy an existing page and try to publish it, I get a message saying I don't have access rights.

I've compared my access rights with other people on project and we have the same.

I've even had another coworker edit my access right by deselecting and then selecting all. still didn't work.

ConfluencePermissionsSetting.png

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello @Ryan Li !

By reading your question I understand that you have been facing issues when you try to publish a specific page that has been copied. Is that correct?

Further, would it be possible for you to perform that same workflow of copying a page and publishing it, with a newly created test page and tell us the results?

Also, here we have a few questions aimed at solving this issue:

1. Is this happening in all spaces where you have full permissions?
  2. Is this happening with any page that you try to copy?
  3. Are you able to create new pages normally in the affected Space?
  4. What is the error message, exactly? Would it be possible for you to send a screenshot of it our way?
  5. Is any other user able to copy and publish the copied page?
  6. Has this worked at some point?

Let us hear from you!

Ryan Li February 20, 2020

Hi @Diego , thank you for responding to my question. I was able to create a new page under the parent branch and able to also copy that created page.

I still cannot copy a page that was previously created by someone else. thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events