My Confluence username doesn't match my Atlassian account

Toby Moore December 21, 2017

Hi all,

this may be a stupid question but my confluence username is my email address, my confluence profile says to edit it in my Atlassian account but when I go there my name is 'Toby Moore'.

any idea whats going on?

(I tried to edit my confluence name by saving after editing it in inspect but this does not work)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 8, 2018

Note that logging completely out of your AID account and back again seems to resolve this issue. I will update the other thread as well! 

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Toby,

Your username can be set by a site administrator in your instance, but your Full Name is what I think you are referring to. 

If you want your username changed on the instance itself you can ask your site admin to do so. You're able to change your Full Name (like a display name) from your Atlassian account at id.atlassian.com.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Shannon

Toby Moore December 21, 2017

Hi Shannon, thanks for the response. I was actually talking about on the community here. Id rather not have my email address on the site so prominently on the Atlassian site if that makes sense?

On this community my Full Name is currently not my email address (as the attached image shows) but my usenamer appears to still by my email?Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 16.09.53.png

Deleted user December 21, 2017

Test :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hmm... My settings are the same as yours in the system so I am working to find out why your email is displaying instead.

I'll update you with what I find out!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 21, 2017

Thank you for reporting this @Toby Moore -- I started a feedback thread about this here to gather further reports. I avoided @ mentioning you there since it would be your email address, but feel free to join in if you'd like. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events