Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chinese character powerpoint which was uploaded using office powerpoint macro would be displayed in Messy Code

John Lu November 16, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Office PowerPoint Macro

My Chinese character powerpoint which was uploaded using office powerpoint macro would be displayed in Messy Code.

My Confluence Version is 5.9.2

image2016-11-17 14:43:57.png

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

It appears to be a known bug:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/2-byte-characters-japanese-korean-chinese-do-not-display-in-powerpoint-macro-640189539.html

Are you running Linux (on the Confluence Server)? In that case, you might be able to fix it by installing the necessary fonts. ( /usr/local/share/fonts, if I remember right).

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Hi John,

I've seen with other languages and the issue for me was the browser. Using Confluence with Internet Explorer (IE10+) passed it through fine.. Might work for you the same. If of course you are using a windows machine/parallels. You could check the Characterset via the browser tools/options - my brain is tired so trying to remember but flick through selecting UTF-8/Western ISO that I think is listed.

Darren

John Lu November 28, 2016

Dear Darren,

I tried to change my IE language to Simplified Chinese, but doesn't help, still the same messy codes...

):

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events