Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tasks for one assignee with one mention?

Emily Errico July 13, 2018

I'm having trouble finding information on this issue because the keywords are very similar to assign one task to multiple assignees. My issue is assigning multiple tasks to one person with one mention, as shown below. ("site office manager" will be edited to @mention a specific user)

tasks.PNG

In a perfect world, this format would assign each of the child tasks to the parent task assignee and the parent task would be automatically completed once the child tasks are all completed. I realize that we don't live in a perfect world. How close can I get to perfect? (preferably natively, but I will consider suggested add-ons or user macros)

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

Hi @Emily Errico,

In a different world, those would reflect a JIRA task with 3 sub tasks :)

For Confluence, you might want to adjust the primary task's wording.

Example: 'at Site office manager to review category tasks'. 

• Inserting a category word would define the task in a list of common tasks.

If I think up something better, will let you know!

Emily Errico July 13, 2018

Our onboarding process takes place entirely on Confluence at this time.

The wording is a good idea, but we're trying to take advantage of Confluence's email notifications to keep everyone updated on progress being made. In the email excerpt, would it show all the child tasks when the parent task is checked off/changed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events