Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving wiki pages from one JIRA wiki to another JIRA wiki

DM September 29, 2016

Just cross-posting this from stackoverlow as I did not get any response there.

We have quite a few wiki pages in http://wiki.jira.x-y.de/. Now we are moving to a new wiki in http://wiki.jira.a-b.com

Can someone suggest what is the best way to move wiki pages from the new one to the old one (along with all the images, attachments, etc)? Do we have to manually copy paste each page?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2016

Much as rebranding "Confluence" as "JIRA Wiki" was something I enjoyed discussing with an Atlassian at last year's summit, they are two different applications.

As you talk about wiki and have used Confluence labels, I'm going to assume you mean Confluence, and your mention of JIRA isn't really relevant.

The best method depends on your data.  If it's an odd page here and there, copy and paste may well be easiest.  But...

If you want to do everything, all spaces, users, etc, and you don't have anything in the current target system, then a backup and restore will be your best bet

If you want to take swathes of pages though, I would use a space export to take a whole space, then import that.  If you've got pages from all over the place, you could move them into a dedicated space export, import it on the target and then move them into the required spaces after import as well.

DM September 29, 2016

You are right @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] . I meant Confluence. We want to move a space and current target is not empty. Then the last option Exporting Space via XML and Importing it in the required spaces on the target seems to be more viable for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events