Moving individual Confluence pages from one instance to another

Hi,

After some data loss, we have restored a full confluence backup to a recovery server.

I now want to move a handful of pages from the recovery server to the live server.

I thought I could use the xml export to so this, and then use the "import" feature in "Admin >> ackup & Restore". But when I try to do this Confluence complains that a space with this ID already exists.

I don't want to restore a full space, just move some pages from one server to another. There must be an easy way of doing this, surely?

thanks,
Mark.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Mark,

create a new space on your recovery server and call it recovery (e.g.). Now move the pages you want to recover in that space and make a xml export.

Import the new space to yoiur live environment and copy the pages to the correct destination.

If there are pages with the same name on your live stage, I would recommend to delete them before this procedure.

If you can't delete them, you have to copy the contents by hand...

That's the only way it will work.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, that's a great workaround.

Seems really poor that you can't export/import pages in this way though.

thanks again
Mark.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

872 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you