Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving between two unrestricted spaces -> "Move failed."

Ben Chuang June 29, 2020

I have two spaces. They do not have restrictions. One is the user's personal space.

I regularly create and edit in both spaces, but when I try to move a page from one space to another, I get:

Move failed. You are not permitted to move a page to this location.

This is mostly a single-user instance, even historically there were not many permission settings if at all.

I've googled and searched the community. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hi Ben,

Thank you for raising this. Is the personal space your own personal space, or does it belong to another user? 

Would you be able to show us what the space permissions  look like for each of those spaces?

Note that if you are not the Confluence site admin, you may need to end up raising this request with them, since they have access to certain administration sections that we will need to have a look at if this issue is persisting. Can you confirm? The information I am able to find regarding your question states that you may not be the site admin for this account.

Thank you!

Shannon

Ben Chuang March 21, 2022

I was moving from a regular space to a personal space. 

This was a temporary regression, it seems to have gone away.

These types of problems would be easier to discuss if it created a log-id for the error that I could give you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events