Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move attachments keeping history and comments

Giuseppina Lauriola June 15, 2022

Hi all,

I would move attachments from a subpage to the main page, keeping history (creation date) and comments. Do you know how to do that?

I tried to move the page, but I was not able to move it from a subpage to a page with comments and history inside. I can just move from a page to another.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Giuseppina Lauriola , welcome to Community.

It's not clear to me what you are trying to achieve. Can you clarify what you want to move concerning the comments?

Are you able to move a page out from under a parent page to be at the same level in the space structure as the (former) parent page?

Have you tried using the include macro to display content from one page on another? That could be a solution to display an attachment from a child page on a parent page, while maintaining the creation date of the attachment on the child page.

Giuseppina Lauriola June 22, 2022

Hi, 

What I want to do is: move a child page out from a child page to the proper parent page.

Is this possible? In this way, I wouldn't lose all information about dates and comments.

Thanks.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

@Giuseppina Lauriola  You can move pages by selecting "Move" from the more actions menu on your Confluence page.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 16.13.29.png

You can then select the new parent page.Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 16.13.07.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events