Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Detection - Home page vs direct link

Ian Mason May 15, 2014

Hi all, I have a general question about mobile device detection on Confluence. When a user navigates to the root url of confluence, a mobile device or smaller screen size is detected and the site is rendered in mobile. Any subsequent pages are then rendered in mobile. However, if a user receives a direct link to page or site (bypassing the root home page), the page does not appear to be rendered mobile, rather the user receives the desktop version. Is this the expected behavior for Confluence with regards to mobile detection and can this be changed?

Thanks!
Ian

2 answers

0 votes
Ian Mason May 22, 2014

Hi Guilherme, we are on version 5.1.2. I don't see the switch to mobile button on my phone clicking on direct to space link, but I'm not sure if it's size specific? Is it possible that's a more recent feature that would be added if we upgraded to 5.3.4?

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2014

Hello Ian, if you can state the version of the application you are employing that may help in understanding the matter. When testing with Confluence 5.3.4 here the application does have a header message which allows one to switch to mobile version.

I have tested with the scenarios you did mention and in both situations did see the mobile interface, so this may be either a matter of version, or another issue with the devices for instance.

Ian Mason May 22, 2014

Hi Guilherme, we are on version 5.1.2. I don't see the switch to mobile button on my phone clicking on direct to space link, but I'm not sure if it's size specific? Is it possible that's a more recent feature that would be added if we upgraded to 5.3.4?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events