Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing option for 'Preview' in confluence page with brikit

ester rabinovich December 20, 2014

I've noticed that when using Brikit theme, the "Preview" button (when editing page) is removed. 

Is there any option to re-enable it?

Thanks!

Ester Rabinovich

4 answers

0 votes
ester rabinovich December 27, 2014

Thanks Tom!

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

Ester,

It appears Theme Press requires a separate add-on to manage drafts and publishing features, according to this Q&A segment (pulled from
http://zen.brikit.com/display/help/Migrating+Zen+Foundation+to+Theme+Press):

Does Theme Press Have All of Zen's Features?

Largely, Theme Press has Zen's features (and then some), with one exception: the drafts and publishing features are not included in Theme Press.

Drafts and publishing features will be available in a separate add-on (Content Flow), which will include additional features such as content routing and scheduling. We're aiming for a 4Q2014 release.

I hope this helps!

JM May 30, 2016

I have the same problem of @ester rabinovich

Currently, the Content Flow addon is on beta version.. Really, I don't know why Brikit is disabling this button.. no make sense for me :-/

0 votes
ester rabinovich December 21, 2014

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Brikit Theme press not the Zen version so I don't have the options that you've mentioned.

image2014-12-21 16:36:15.png

Thanks!

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2014

Hi Ester,

Are you speaking of Brikit's Zen theme? I am not yet familiar with Theme Press, their new offering that is a replacement for Zen, although it may work similarly.

In Zen, if you are a Space Admin, under the gear there is a 'Zen Space Settings' option. Below the Zen Space Settings table on that page there is a Settings table. One of the options there is 'Drafts & Publishing'.  The default D&P setting is to include the Preview button, but a Space Admin can disable that.  It sounds like that may have occurred in your instance.

Here is how the setting appears with the Site Default chosen:

image2014-12-21 7:56:6.png

We typically keep the default setting, but in one all-employee space where users (for many of them, this would be their first time as Confluence contributors) enter industry terms, we have disabled it.  That way, our inexperienced Confluence users are not confronted with the additional step of publishing a previewed page which we found was problematic for some users.  It was an ideal option for us in that case to have the option to disable drafts - that way, first-time users simply enter their content and click Save.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events